This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lamb Souvlaki

016

I love Lamb Souvlaki. I`ve not yet found a fantastic recipe that makes me think I`m sitting on the Danforth but this one has sufficed in our family. It`s quite good. The secret is to let the meat marinate for several hours in the fridge to allow the flavours to infuse into the meat. I don`t really measure this so I`m kind of winging it here.

Ingredients.

1 Leg of Lamb Roast
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Shallot, finely diced
1-2 cloves of finely diced garlic
1 tablespoon Greek oregano
1 tablespoon rosemary

Trim excess fat from the lamb roast and cut the lamb into 1 1/2 inch – 2 inch cubes. Place in an airtight container and mix in all the other ingredients. Mix well and cover. Place in the fridge for several hours (about 5-6). Heat up the bbq and grill turning periodically for approx 10-15 minutes until meat.

Serve with rice and vegetables with Tzatziki on the side for dipping. MMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...