This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Monday, August 3, 2009

Roast of Lamb


I love lamb. I especially love it in Souvlaki, but I also enjoy roast of lamb.

I've never really found a decent way to cook lamb roast. Today I invented one. It actually was quite good. The lamb was deliciously moist and tender. I decided to try a little tzaziki sauce with it and that worked well too!!

Easy Lamb Roast.

1 cup lemon juice
1 cup white wine
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons greek oregano
2-3 lb lamb roast ( I use the ones wrapped in the twine, boneless)

Combine all of the ingredients into a ziploc bag and place the lamb into the bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.

Place in small roast pan and bake at 325 farenheit for an hour and a half, covered. Place about 1/4 of the marinade into the pan. Once the meat is cooked you can uncover and increase heat to 350 for 10 minutes or so to brown the outside of the roast.

An alternative to browning in the oven is to place on preheated bbq for a few minutes to grill the outside of the roast.

We served this with rice and steamed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...