This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Homemade Nutella

Over the holidays I had a craving for Nutella.  I love Nutella as do my kids.  The stores were all closed so I decided to play with some new toys I'd gotten for Christmas and try and make some.  I found a recipe online that is allowed to be shared and the credit for this goes to Su Good Sweets Here    I have to say it was excellent.  The kids have really enjoyed it and I used in the the Aebelskiver Recipe posted below...totally yummy

Here is the recipe

Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread (easy version)


Yield: about 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups)

2 cups whole raw hazelnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
up to 1/4 cup vegetable or nut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan. Toast until the skins are almost black and the meat is dark brown, about 15 minutes. Stir the nuts halfway through baking to ensure an even color.

2.Since the skin is bitter, you’ll want to discard them. Wrap the cooled hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel, and rub until most of the skins have come off. Don’t fret if you can’t get off all the skins.

3.Process nuts in a food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes. First, you will get coarsely chopped nuts, then a fine meal. After a little while, the nuts will form a ball around the blade, and it will seem like you only have a solid mass. Keep processing. The heat and friction will extract the natural oils, and you will get hazelnut butter!














4.When the nuts are liquified, add in the sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Slowly drizzle in enough oil to make a spreadable consistency. Since the mixture is warm, it will be more fluid now than at room temperature.

5.Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for1-2 months. For best results, stir the chocolate-hazelnut spread before using.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Nutella (as it reminds me of trips to Europe). Thanks for sharing the recipe so I can make it myself when in a pinch.

    Shanan
    www.3hambrickboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...