This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mixed Greens salad with Fantastic Honey Mustard Dressing, Chicken, Asiago

I have to give all the credit to my wonderful 18 year old son for this one.  I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner and got a resounding SALAD!!  I know..I have mutant children who actually love vegetables and fruit.  I still wonder what planet their dna came from some days.  I'm certainly not going to dissuade them from healthy eating.  (That said they can demolish a box of Mike and Ikes in seconds)

Anyhow.  My oldest is now gainfully employed at a local restaurant making salads and desserts while saving money for University in the fall.  He offered to make the salad.

Sweet...Mommy doesn't have to cook tonight.  This is the real secret to getting kids in the kitchen early....they start to take over and you can call on your way home from the golf course and say...."what's for dinner?"  I am kidding, 

Without further adieu.  This is what my darling child presented to me for dinner. 

He added some precooked chicken and a little shredded asiago cheese to finish.  Not to shabby!!  It was delicious. 

Ingredients:

Dressing
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon
1/4 cup white wine or cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic minced
1 1/2 canola oil
salt/pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except oil using a whisk, or handblender.  Slowly add the oil while blending until combined.

Salad Greens:  Pick you own mixed greens, spinach, arrugula, red, green romaine, etc. 
Plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
Mini Cucumbers peeled and cut into quarters
Red peppers, thinly sliced
shredded asiago cheese (optional).
thinly sliced grilled chicken (optional)

He also said he likes to deep fry beet strings and add them but I didn't want the extra calories.

Hats off to my young son.  You are well on your way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...