This is the Horde. Below are our Recipes. Thanks for sharing our Kitchen

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Honey Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker. Insanely easy and delish

So I'm back in the kitchen for awhile.  Actually I go back to work next week for a few days and have all this stuff in my fridge that needs to be cooked, prepped or frozen.

The Mr. is away on business and is not a huge honey garlic fan but we all love it so I tossed in some chicken thighs and legs into the slow cooker.  Here is the easy part.


In a small bowl mix
1 cup of soy sauce (I use salt reduced)
A cup of Ketchup (yes...I can't believe I typed that either)
3 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 cup of honey
a sprinkle of dried basil

That's it.  Mix it up and pour over the chicken in the crockpot.  Set it on high for 5 hours.   Thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch just before serving.

I pulled the chicken out just prior to adding the cornstarch and removed all the bones and skin but that's up to you.  Serve over rice. (that was previously made and frozen in the last post!!)

Prep time: 5 minutes.  I recognize this is not the most glamorous food shot ever but we were hungry and forgot to take a plated pic.  :D     Pretend it's on a lovely china plate on a bed of wild rice.  



Edited to add:    I cooked up some more wild rice and divided all of this into individuals portions again and froze them.   Perfect!!!




BONUS

In addition to this I was hankering some scones.  I have a bunch of cubed ham and shredded cheese in the fridge.

Using My awesome Buttermilk Scone recipe, I added some ham and cheese to the mix before adding the buttermilk.  They are DELISH.  The kids loved them and snagged them for breakfast this morning.   I also made just a cheese version.  I sent a few of these to a fellow football mom who drove my lad to practise tonight and they were a big hit with the kids in the car too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...